A Golden Opportunity to Improve the Breed
Help Morris Animal Foundation eliminate cancer in your beloved breed. Please encourage all enrolled hero’s in the most important observational study ever undertaken to improve canine health.
Why Are Owners & Breeders Participating?
More than half of Golden Retrievers develop cancer, and it is the leading cause of death in all dogs over the age of 2. Our participants will help scientists
- We hope to identify genetic, environmental and nutritional risk factors for cancer and other major health problems in dogs
- Many dogs in the study are from the same lines which is extremely valuable. Data collected from littermates that experience different environmental factors and diets may provide unique scientific insights that could make a significant impact on the long-term health of Golden Retrievers.
- Together with our 3,000 we will create a brighter, healthier future for all dogs
Who Is Participating?
- Golden Retriever owners over 18 years of age and living in the contiguous United States
- Golden Retrievers that are healthy and under 2 years of age at the time of application
- Purebred Golden Retrievers that have a three-generation pedigree which is one of the reasons breeders have been such a great part of our recruiting efforts
How to Help as a Breeder?
- Continue to help club members who are breeders reach out to puppy buyers to promote the study and its importance